WHERE THESE ALLERGIES COME FROM, HOW TO RECOGNIZE AND PREVENT THEM?
According to a recent survey published by the asthma allergies association many parents underestimate the risks of allergies in children. They can however be food respiratory cutaneous. We react so as not to let them spoil the life of our little ones.
WHAT IS AN ALLERGY?
It is an inappropriate reaction of the immune system against harmlessly based substances encountered by ingestion inhalation or contact with skin. The white blood cells then release various compounds that cause inflammation. children have been more and more concerned over the past twenty years.
WHERE HE DID COME FROM?
- Hygienism. According to this hypothesis the young are no longer sufficiently exposed to microbes in their environment so that their immune system is less seasoned in the face of daily aggressions.
- The introduction of new proteins peas broad beans lupine etc. Into multiple foods could promote food allergies.
- Birth by caesarean section during the first months of life would induce intestinal flora unfavorable to the immune system unde r construction.
- Environmental pollution appears to be the cause of pollen allergies on the other hand it worsens asthma.
HOW TO RECOGNIZE THEM?
Skin allergies. Atopic eczema occurs between 3 months and 2 years of age in predisposed children. It is often localized on the cheeks and forehead. contact eczema is manifested by itchy red patches vesicles filled with clear fluid and crusts. As for hives it occurs after the ingestion of certain foods penicillin antibiotic after an insect bite or the inhalation of pollens. It causes redness of the skin and a strong itch even angioedema swelling of the face.
Food allergies They occur with formula or during food diversification and can cause digestive skin or respiratory symptoms. They are most often involved in anaphylactic shock which manifests itself within five to twenty minutes of ingestion of the food that is not tolerated by tingling in the mouth edema of the lips and throat difficulty swallowing and breathing decreased blood pressure or even loss of consciousness. Certain food allergies heal spontaneously like those with milk or eggs which disappear before the age of 6 years.
Respiratory allergies Linked to pollens or mites, they develop later and can induce difficulty breathing, excessive shortness of breath on exertion, coughing, untimely sneezing, itchy eyes.
CAN WE PREVENT IT?
Prevention particularly concerns predisposed families, but must apply to all children.
- Wash newborns only once in the day and grease their skin with emollients (Stelatopia, Topicrem, etc.) to prevent atopic eczema, which develops on excessively dry skin.
- Do not sanitize the environment of the young, in order to direct their immune system towards defense against microbes. Unless allergy already known, it is desirable that they be in contact with animals and plants.
- Begin food diversification from the age of 6 months – late diversification increases the risk of food allergies.
- Ventilate the house at least thirty minutes a day and do not smoke (even at the window!), In order to limit indoor pollution.
In general, consult as soon as possible if you suspect an allergy. It is essential to prevent the development of multiple allergies. The doctor can order several examinations to identify the cause: the skin test – which involves injecting a very low dose of allergen under the skin -, the patch test, a patch soaked in allergen applied to the back for forty-eight hours or a blood test, which may reveal specific antibodies
The treatment combines drugs, which relieve symptoms, and avoidance of the allergen. Allergies justify regular monitoring by an allergist who adapts the treatment to the course of the disease and, if necessary, offers desensitization or induction of tolerance in a hospital environment.
- Antihistamines are effective in rhinitis or conjunctivitis.
- Corticosteroids, intended to neutralize inflammation, can be prescribed in drops, inhaler or ointment depending on the type of allergy.
- Bronchodilators are essential during asthma attacks. Children with severe food allergies should always carry an adrenaline pen to inject, which is used to treat anaphylactic shock.
Relaxation or meditation techniques, adapted to the child, help limit stress, which promotes asthma attacks and rashes.
LIVING WELL WITH ALLERGIC
Always consult with doctor to control the symptom, help the child to manage his stress, and avoid the allergen. Keep health!